Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Phalanges!

It seems I broke my toe. The one next to the pinky on the right foot. I say SEEMS because apparently with toe fractures it is not worth x-raying and confirming as the treatment is the same for a sprain.

So it is now splintered to the toe next to it to keep it straight.It hurt like hell when it happened last night. I opened the front door onto it while wearing sandals. Molly and I were on our way to collect our clothes from the Launderrette on Holloway Road when the accident happened.

I thought I would be ok to walk but couldn't. Mols had to go and collect both our lots of laundry and carry it back on her tiny pixie frame.

I deliberated for ages whether to go to A&E. I didn't want to wait hours, or bother them with something as trivial as a broke toe but I am just over the road from University College Hospital. Someone on a music forum suggested I try an NHS Walk In Centre.

SO I headed into Soho at lunch time. It was agonsing, especially the brief moments I was on Oxford St with all the people hussling about on their lunch breaks. Still, it was worth it. I was seen in 5 minutes and bandaged up.

Unfortunately it means no gym or dancing for me for the next few weeks, which is the most irritating part of the whole thing.

And I am sure heading from work to class tonight is going to be unpleasant. :-(

No comments: