Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dark Overlord of the Fringe, I Salute You

I am just back from seeing the amazing Brett Anderson live at the curious little venue Bush Hall.

I met up with Stuart and Andreea at the Defected bar before the sold out gig (one of three nights). I also met some of the Tears Forumites, Ian, Carrie, Dean and um...Pantomine Horse (I can't remember his real name!)

I don't have a set list or anything. I don't even have the right order. I just want to give you guys the vibe

Most AMAZINGLY: Brett did sing, solo, acoustic THE LIVING DEAD, and as my friend Stuart put it "was worth the entire entry price alone." It was stunning.

He performed an outstanding Back To You, and a beautiful Love Is Dead.

The person who seemed the be enjoying the gig the most was Brett himself. He was all smiles and wiggly bottom. He danced and he was silly like a little boy who had been told he was going to get a gold star for all-around awesomeness.

Our very own Ian made Mat (formerly the bass player Brett's former band Suede) crack up live on stage by shouting, unexpectedly, during a quiet moment "I LOVE YOU MAT!"

Song for My Father was heartfelt and touching. I also really enjoyed Clowns and the Infinite Kiss.

He played a lovely version of By The Sea, too and everyone was singing along.

Everything Will Flow and Can't Get Enough nearly brought the house down. And all you Can't Get Enough nay sayers would have been begging forgiveness from the Dark Overload himself after hearing it tonight. It was absolutely kiss ass.

HE finished with Trash and the Bush Hall nearly came apart with all the singing, dancing and hysteria.

What a show! I am still buzzing!! I can't get this silly grin off my face and I don't want to go to bed! But I must :-(

No comments: