Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sitting Outside Asda on a Cold Afternoon

Sitting Outside Asda on a Cold Afternoon

It was about 2pm and I was sitting outside Asda on the Island. It was bright but windy. I sat there reluctantly and debating whether or not to go back to the office.
I tried ringing B to see if she was back from her doctor’s appointment but she didn’t answer. Nor did A when I rang him.

I did not want to be alone in the office with The Boss. So I sat there perusing a magazine and contemplating the other shoppers and wondering how it had come to this.

The Boss who I at first thought was quite wondrous turned out to be a bastard. I don’t want to get into what has happened. Let’s just say he is often inappropriate and he has caused trouble for the organisation before through his selfish behaviour.

I shall not be returning after Christmas, despite promises of good money from The Boss. What is upsetting is that otherwise I love the team I work with and I hope to remain friends with them. It seems that one bad apple has spoilt the barrel.

In the end I went back to square and peek into the office. I saw that The Boss was back because the lights were on in his office but he couldn’t see me. I caught sight A of in the distance. I hit in on end of the square and waited for him to come back and went in behind him.

The rest of the afternoon has been fine but things in the office are weird.

So I am just a few weeks shy of being single, unemployed and homeless.

But have no fears, I don’t intend to fall apart over this.

1 comment:

Helena said...

I love your stamina and attitude, girl!

Twat Bosses, eh? Who needs 'em!