Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Under My Skin

I went to a charity shop on Goodge Street today. I was looking for a book that I want to get for Thingy. I was lucky to find it there for 50p. Bargain! So I bought it.

When I opened it I found this postcard of "Under My Skin" by Antony Gormley. On the back it read, in Spanish (which obviously I have translated:

02/12/02
Hello My Previous One

How Are You??
This is followed by millions upon millions of kisses and hugs of the most private kind with all my love and soon they will be live and direct! I'm going to see you, we are going to see each other!!! And we are going to get married!!!

You cannot imagine how happy I am and it's thanks to you. You are the best, did you know that??

Changing the topic, I bought this card at that exhibition I told you about. I like this picture very much, and as I always think of you I wanted to share it with you. I hope you like it. It comes with all the love in the work for the most special person....you. I adore you with all my being and forever...Vladimir


I am now terribly intrigued!! There was no address on the postcard.

Where was his precious one? Why was the postcard not sent? Did they ever get married? Why did the postcard end up in a book in a charity shop? Was it an accident or did the person deliberately let it go?

I think I may even write a short story about the postcard...well it's a nice idea anyway. At any rate, it has added excitement and romance to my very dull day. Thanks Vladimir. I hope you are happy.

1 comment:

traxis said...

Peculiar...