Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More Surgery

I went to the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear hospital yesterday. It was irritating as usual. The waiting room is grim and hot.

The hearing test showed no improvement in my right ear. The Doctor said I need surgery to make sure that they got all of the disease (cholestoatoma)last year. If there is no more sign of it then they can insert a prosthetic ear bone to replace the one destroyed by the disease and hopefully improve my hearing.

I am sooo tired of all this stuff with my ear. And I don't want more surgery, let alone two or three (I have another unrelated one coming up as well)

I am worried about job prospects when I get back because I have the following lined up:


  1. Surgury (unrelated to ear)
  2. Jury Duty
  3. 3 full days of Cognative Behavioural Therapy for Attention Defecit Disorder
  4. Ear surgery that will require 1-2 weeks off work
Who on Earth is going to want to give me a job when I am going to need so much time off work?? :-(

No comments: