Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Yet Another Ear Op

I got a call from the hospital last week to ask if I was willing to go in for my follow-up ear surgery on short notice. They had the 5th of October free. I accepted and now it's only a few days away!

This one is supposed to be a quicky just to see if the disease (Cholesteotoma caused by non-functioning eustachian tubes)had come back. Last time it took 2 1/2 hours to remove all of the beneign tumour. Now they just want to make sure none was left behind to start growing back.

Tim has taken the day off work to come with me to the hospital, for which I am very grateful for. It does mean a boring weekend of lying around vegetating, and then a few days off work again next week because ear operations cause vertigo and a fair bit of pain in the head.

I will have some packing left inside the ear for about 3 weeks, too, which will make me a bit harder of hearing.

If all goes well this should be the last one for a while. There is always the option of getting prostetic ear bones made up to improve my hearing, but I am not sure I am ready for such a big operation any time soon. I've had enough of hospitals and doctors the last few years.

2 comments:

X said...

I hope it goes well!

Little Miss Bitch said...

Thanks, it has!!