Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Party Continues

Finally, after months of stressing about moving, work and money I managed to have a wicked weekend spent staying up late and getting up even later.

On Friday it was off the Kensal Green (far, far from North Woolwich)where Welsh David was having a house party to celebrate his 28th (I think!) birthday. Everyone was there! Lloyd, Sid, Stuart, McShame, Leigh, Sophie and Michelle, Dom, Nan, Grant, my wife Peter, and people like Bryan and Ben D whom I hadn't seen in the best part of a year plus I met loads of new people. I had great time.

We danced, we chatted ,we drank, and we made a mess.

We had a bit of a mini-Trade party in the wee hours in David's room. David played us some hard house classics and the Trade Babies went mental. Tim slept like a baby on the bed as we partied around him.

We didn't get home until 7:30am. The sun was rising directly ahead of us for most of hour journey on the DLR from Bank to King George V. It was striking as the reflecting of the dawn blasted off Canary Wharf and it was magestic and serene as it reflect off the docks, especially around the excel centre.

Unfortunately we pretty much slept until 6:30pm (we did wake up at noon, had some food and then slept.) Somehow I managed to pull myself together enough to go make it to Bethnal Green for Unskinny Bop.

Stuart, Lvpl St David, Arwen and Chris B, plus Richard, Ryan, Malcolm and Tom all made it down. It was a glorious and superfun event, as it should be. The music was a brilliant mix of 50s classics, motown, disco, hip-hop, 80s tunes, 90s anthems, pop, rock and indie and all things in-between. plus the Girls played both Sexy! No No No and Something Kinda Oooh by Girls Aloud. Nice.

Getting home was an absolute nightmare though. It took me nearly 2 hours to get to North Woolwich and as my t-shirt was wet from all the heat at the Bop I was freezing. :-( I think I need to move back to civilization!

On Sunday Tim and I slept quite late but we still managed to go to the Thames Festival on the South Banks to catch muscians, performers, dancers, and food from all over the world. We climbed to the top of the GLA City Hall, which is a very cool and functional building by Tower Bridge.

We saw some tango, drummers, children's entertainers, brass bands, traditionally dressed Koreans, hippies, and ate some curry. The weather was bright and sunny but as it cooled in the evening we decied to come home before the fireworks.

Fabulous. Now I'm well tired.

1 comment:

Helena said...

Congrats! You deserve some fun time after all the hard work!