Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Trouble With Heaven & Why Popstarz Is Better

Friday night saw the very typical night out of Lincoln Lounge and Popstarz but it seemed fresh and new.

When I got to the Lincoln my ex workmate Sean was there so that was new! Nik, Alisdair and Helen left only half an hour after I got there and I was sad as I had not seen A&H since last year. We did get to see Masha have his ponytail cut off though. That was neat.

Lvpl St David was being "difficult" (ie. absolutely wasted)and danced around and offended the DJ with un-PC comments.

He and I went to Central Station to meet up with W David, Sturt, McShame and Leigh. There was some New Guy Calle Neil there, too. McShame and Leigh were being all lovely dovey and it was sweet and gross at the same time.

Popstarz was dead fun despite the Special Guest (we think it was Mutya ex sugababes) cancelling. There was a new stage in the Rubbish Room where the balcony used to be. I think it's a great idea. It stops the sound of the indie and rubbish room clashing and also made the dancefloor bigger.

There were projections announcing Brett Anderson's gig at the end of the month so I was pleased. Lvpl St David continued to be a trial but he was having fun and scaring the weaker people of Popstarz.

Freddie showed up and screamed alot. Scottish Neil showed up too, and was alarmed by Lvpl St David. Well, so was everybody else.

The indie room was a bit rubbish. I don't like the DJs being on the stage. It is weird and the DJs look swamped by all the extra room around them. Also there is no excuse for playing New Killers material. Nothing released after When You Were Young should be aired in public.

Welsh David had to do some serious pestering to get Something Kinda Ooh played, which is wrong. All DJs should know that when David, Stuart and I walk onto a dancefloor it should be played immediately, and twice in a row so we get over the initial shock and hysterical, sychophantic screaming.

Also NEW RULE. NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH ME DURING A GIRLS ALOUD SONG EXCEPT WELSH DAVID, STUART and possibly McShame. You WILL be shot.

It was a good messy night were we just drank loads, danced muchly and enjoyed each others company.


I woke at 9am on Saturday because I felt weird. Then my period started and it was really mean. It was horribly painful, and I was also dehydrated from the night before. I was pretty cranky.




I lay in bed and felt sorry for myself and took a lot of painkillers but even my prescription ones failed to completely ease the pain.

I watched the FA Cup game between Man U and Middlesborough and was disappointed by the tie. Man U started off reall well but lost it a bit. I want us to be the first team to lift the Cup in the new Wembley Arena.

Pearly Gates of Heaven
(No Older Straight Females Please)

In the evening I managed to drag myself to HEAVEN (remember that???) for a private party in the the VIP Lounge before the club officially opened for the night. It was Eric's 30th birthday and he'd flown over from America especially for the occasion so I went to keep Stuart company.

Eric looked dapper in his trendy suit and funky hair. The free champagne was a nice touch. I only had one glass though. Stu and I were both shattered from Popstarz so we just sat down and chatted. I went to the toilet alot and was not best pleased.

Firstly they are unisex and I have to ask my male readers: Is it really that hard to aim at the toilet?? There was lots of piss on the floor and on the seats. This is a £1000 a per members lounge and you guys can't piss IN the toilet or lift the seat up?

Also there were some real asshole and preening guys in the toilet. I don't know why some men think that being gay has to mean being a rude, fucking, twat. It's not cool, funny, or trendy and it's not scene. I can only think that you have small penis and take out your frustration on other people.

The attitude of some of the people there was so annoying and I am SO OVER it. OVER IT. This place gives gays a bad name. It did made me appreciate Popstarz, Unskinny Bop and Rebel Rebel alot more though.

Eric was told that we all had to leave at a certain time so they could "re-dress" the room before the club opened for the night. Basically they said to him he could come back in, and some of his friend but not all of them. There were some "older straight females" they didn't want to let back in-and I think some blokes too-when the members arrived. What a load of fucking shite.

Stuart and I got stamped to be allowed back in so I suppose we are fabulous or young enough but I absolutely detested that attitude. It made me sick.

So once we used our stamps to get our coats and go home, after spending sometime in the main club laughing at all the badly dressed people and their retarded, juvenielle attitudes.

No comments: