Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pictures from Argentina Vol 1. Bahia Blanca

Parque de Mayo. This used to be my playground *sob*

Click HERE for photos from Bahia Blanca (and a few hours in Buenos Aires!)







I arrived in Buenos Aires very early on the morning of the 12th of January. I then took a coach to downtown Buenos Aires, where my cousin Agustin came and picked me up. We took a taxi to the large apartment he shares with 3 of his brothers (they are 7 in total!) in the Recoleta area of the Capital.

We shared some mate, and then his sister, Guillermina came with pastry. Guille works in the apartment. My aunt and uncle own a gorgeous hotel in Villa La Angostura in the Andes (more on that later because I stayed there and it was to die for!!). Guille does the marketing for and PR for it so she has an office the apartment.

Agustin had to go to work. The rest of the siblings where at the beach in Miramar or thereabouts so Guille and I chatted all morning and she did some work while I showered.

We then met Agustin for lunch at Pizza Piola, which was lush. Buenos Aires was ROASTING. Mid 30C and very humid. Guille looked at Agustin in his work clothes and shouted "I can't LOOK at you in your suit! You're making me hot!!"

After lunch Guille and I walked up Avenida Sante Fe, which is life Oxford St only more pleasant as it is wider and has trees and outdoor cafes. I bought a new bathing suit and we also went to magnificent bookstore. It used to be a theatre and it still had all the original features. It was stunning with balconies, painted ceiling and the stage is now a coffee shop!

Exhausted from shopping and the flight, I had to head to the other airport to catch m y flight to my hometown of Bahia Blanca...

TBC

No comments: