Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Divas and He-vas


Click HERE for photos of Unskinny Bop's New Year's Eve "Divas and He-vas" Party.











I spent most of New Year's Eve day arguing with my hair. Going as Diana Ross was perhaps not such a great idea. I had to do it 3 times before it accepted any sort of curls. The curls all straightened out in the gail force wind as soon as I steped outside.



Stuart had a small do 'round his place first where wine was aboundant and so was the snackage. Stuat was Billy Joe from Green Day, Tom was Marc Almond, David was Morrissey and Kevin was, well, Kevin. I applied Stuart's make-up too and he told me David said I was mean whenever I did his make up but that's because David blinks manically and it makes it next to impossible!

After listening to the mandotory Girls Aloud quota and watching The Sugababes DVD collection we headed to the Bop, already merry with wine.

Once inside we simply drank more and danced more. It was a great mix of music.

When the clock struck twelve we all screamed and hugged. Auld Lang Syne was sung by everyone. David nearly dislocated my shoulder with a great, big hug, and the Bop Ladies played "Something Kinda Oooh" as the first track of 2007 so naturally we went mental and Stuart and I had our first snog of the year together (one of these years it will be with a straight boy...I hope)

This was immediately followed by "Sexyback" and more mentalism ensued. We declared that the song selection heralded a fantastic year ahead for everyone but that probably had more to do with the flowing drink than the tunes being played.



Dolly Parton, Britney Spears and Queen Elizabeth I













The rest is just dancing away and more drinking. The Bop Counted down their Top 10 Divas (of which I believe Miss Ross was number 3!) The Best Costume was awarded to the bearded Dolly Parton with Britney Spears and Lady Sovereign as 2nd and 3rd.

David did his Morrissey impression, swinging flowers n'all! He also did a near perfect Vogue to Madonna. Tom disappeared, Chris danced like he always does, Kevin snogged a lesbian (her girlfriend wasn't too impressed) and I got hideously drunk and talked a lot of shit.

I think Stuart and I did some sort of pole dance to Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights.

When it was all over at 4am we headed back to Stuart's where all I recall was moaning about a Margaret Cho DVD we were watchong and making Stuart play Suede. Kevin and I had an indepth discussing on suede rarities. Then David, some other Welsh Guy who had come along left and I went home.

I sang tunes from Jesus Christ Superstart and Les Miserable all the way home. I have no idea why.

No comments: