Monday, November 06, 2006

I've been ill since Friday.

I had horrible fever and the shivers; which dashed all my dreams of gay indie cool at Rebel Rebel on Saturday. I went a bit stir crazy and dragged myself to Tate Modern this afternoon but it was full of hidious school groups who didn't appreciate that Rothko must be contemplated in silence. Or at least in an amusing formation on the floor, not giggling about what boy likes you and comparing your ugly handbags.

I sat outside the NFT cafe and read in the sunshine, it was very pleasant but after a while I realised I was absolutely freezing, which is probably not advisable at the moment.

I haven't yet mentioned the lovely evening I spent with Chris E, who was visiting from Amsterdam, two weeks ago. It was also a chance to catch up with Ian, his new girlfriend Maja (who turns out is a huge suede fan hurrah!) and Dave. We did have a really great time, and I really missed hanging out with these guys. Chris is deliciously amusing and just t he right about of bitchy.

We went to Trash Palace, which was desolate and then Ghetto for Rockstarz, which was also desolate (I think because it was the anniversary of Simon's death?)

I did get a chance to see Plastik play at long last, and they were really rather good. Impressed.

Also, the following weekend Alisdair had a Halloween/Nik's birthday party at the flat and it was great chance to catch up them plus Helen, Ali, Matt, plus Sid, David,Suzanne, Gavin, Juman, Lloyd, Conn and for some reason Tommy Turntables was there. He kindly dedicated suede to me and my STI (I don't really have one, don't worry.) I also met Sid's cousin Nadia (I think) and she was well cool.

The guys really put a great deal of effort in decorating the flat and it looked fantastic and oh so spooky!

Amusingly, I was going to Trade later on so I remained sober while everyone else got wrecked. Nik was the usual car-crash, and Helen passed out on the sofa as per usual.

Trade was a classic. Welsh David came and met me at Alisdairs at about 5am and we headed to Turnmills were we were joined by Khalid, Jeremy, Albert, Nan and his gang, and Bryan and his mates.

It was suitably debauched and messy. A classic Trade. We had an amazing time and it seemed to go on for ages. Lisa German's set was wicked, the rest is a confuzzled mess in my head. The pills were fantastic, the k too strong, the loos a disaster zone, the music banging, the company wicked and the comedown a nightmare. Amen.

No comments: