Monday, October 23, 2006

The Best Unskinny Bop Yet?


Click on photo to see Stuart's photo album of the night

We had the traditional Unskinny night with drinks at Stuart's place first. It was extra special this time because Jenny and Esme were over from Sweden and I hadn't seen them in about 2 years. The girls were regulars at Room2 and Popstarz back in the day (1998-2002 I would say!)

Esme and I offended everyone by discussing football though. We ate carrot cake and pretzels. Richard, Rob and his boyfriend Pete, and Stuart's friends Bob, Helena and Cory were there as well.

Even though we arrived at Unskinny earlish it was already busy and HOT. Inside were Dom, Sophie and Michelle and we were later joined by McShame, Leigh, Jason, and Welsh David. The atmosphere was rather electric and cheerful.

The music was amazing. Here are some of the tracks they played:

Violet- Hole
Standing in the way of Control- The Gossip
Pull Shapes- The Pipettes
Something Kinda Ooh- Girls Aloud (highlight #1)
12 Reasons Why- My Life Story (wow!)
KILLING OF A FLASHBOY- Suede (AMAZING- highlight #2!)
Sheila Take a Bow- The Smiths
Hounds of Love- Kate Bush
Welcome to the Jungle- Guns n Roses
She Sells Sanctuary- The Cult
My Love- Justin Timberlake
Love Machine- Girls Aloud
Line-Up- Elastica
Ain't No Other Man- Christina
Joleen- Dolly Parton
All Night Long- Lionel Richie (which I kept hearing people sing on the way home and even as I waited for my night bus.)

And that was just a fraction of them! We were disgustingly hot and sweaty by the end of the night. It was pretty much a smokey sauna. We hid in the parallel universe for a little while (ie. the entrance by the back) but we just couldn't stop dancing.

Steve and Nick appeared as if by magic, too and we totally rocked out to the Cult. Thanks to Bob I also managed to wash Steve's ear with voda&cranberry.

Richard handed me some awesome beer mats too. One with The Hoff and one of the A-Team. Truly, it was a perfect night.

No comments: