Saturday, April 08, 2006

So now I have my new furniture my room looks spiffy. I have more room to put things in; however, don't go thinking I am going to turn into a neat and tidy person. That would be silly.

Dad left on Wednesday and I was sad. It was a glorious day, though. We had breakfast at Carluccio's on Upper Street first. It was gorgeous and the service was fabulous.

Pics of Dad's Trip Here

After Dad left I baked some Cinnamon rolls, put Missing Cat Posters up around the borough and then Ben (aka The Boy Who Gives Me UnChrstian Thoughts) came over. Unfortunately he had a cold. I am not even supposed to be in the presence of people with colds...suffice to say that although it was lovely to spend a few hours with him it was also slightly frustrating.

Everyone needs to send Andreea's lots of happy vibes because she came to the rescue after I had a bit of a bad turn at my GP's yesterday. The Practice Nurse didn't know how to remove the staples from the surgery. The pain and stressed triggered my period. My blood pressure took a nose-dive, I lost sensation in all my limbs, threw up all over the place, and had the most astonishingly painful cramps. I thought I was going to die, and actually wished for it briefly because of the agony I was in.

After spending 2.5 hours at the GP, only 2 staples were removed and 7 remained. I was sent home to rest and take painkillers. The Nurse asked me to come back in the afternoon to try again.

I rang Andreea and she came with me. After much waiting, the Nurse still couldn't get the staples out. It was still very painful. She stopped and suggested I rang the RNTNE to see if they would take them out, seeing as they put them in there in the first place.

The hospital told me to come right down and they'd remove the staples. Andreea and I made our way down. I was quite anxious about it. The nurse in the hospital took the staples out effortlessly and painlessly.

Andreea then went out and got me some Chinese Take Away, and even remembered that I'd said I was low on milk and brought me a fresh couple of pints. Andreea ROCKS.

No comments: