Monday, January 09, 2006

Watch This Space

I think work is definately going to get complicated now.

My manager has been off work since the 15th of December for an operation. She was supposed to be back on the 3rd of Jan...then she was supposed to be back today but she rang up this morning to say she has a cold and will be off for the rest of the week.

Now it transpires that she will not be back until "next month." The lovely HR lady came by and informed me that my 3 month appraisal (which is overdue) will now be conducted by "Horse-Face" (see below about going to the RNTNE.) We don't work closely together so I don't know how it will go.

Also, without my manager, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do with myself. Half of my job is doing her admin work; and only she knows what that is! She springs things on me suddenly or during our weekly "catch-up" meetings.

I also suspect my manager defends our role within the company. We basically do all the office management and we have to take on board the needs of everyone else and it gets pretty demanding sometimes and she buffers things well. But now.... :-S

No comments: