Sunday, September 18, 2005

:-D

I arranged with the Scientist to meet in Southall on Saturday. He drove from Oxford to Uxbridge(West, WEST London, almost Slough) on Friday night to see a friend, from there he could easily drive to Southall and I would take the trusty tube and overground from Holloway (North, Eastish London) to get there so we could have a nice afternoon together.

He said he would call me in the morning when he was ready to leave.

The Scientist took his precious time. Eventually, he texted to say that he was having a lazy day but would be ready in a bit.

I got on with a few things at home, and a bit after 1pm he rang me. He said he'd left his mates house but had decided to leave the car behind as he thought London roads where crazy. He asked how long it would be before I was ready. I said I was pretty much ready, I would just need to get my purse and I could go. He said "Well, you better come downstairs and let me in because I've just arrive outside your door."

Me "....! You're really outside my door. now?"

Him "Yes. Are you going to let me in?"

Me "Oh my god, the place is a mess...!"

Him "Well, do you want me to wait 5 minutes so you can tidy up?"

Me "Uh...I better go let you in"

So hung up and rang downstairs and out into the front hall. I opened the door still holding my landline. There stood Richard, with a bouquet of flowers. I pretty much threw myself at him. He'd taken public transport all across London, which took an hour and half, to see me. I was stunned but thrilled to see him.

I'll leave it at that, I'm sure your imagination can fill in what happened after that...

No comments: